Select Page

Tips for Email Marketing

Jun 9, 2015Uncategorized0 comments

I know I’m not the only one who has a separate email address for every nonsense form I sign up for in the course of a day. The average consumer has 3.9 personal email addresses BlueHornet, 2014. After all, who could deal with all those newsletters and offers clogging their normal inbox. The average consumer subscribes and receives emails from 8.9 different brands. BlueHornet, 2014. It’s madness.

The thing is, email marketing is still one of the best marketing tools there is. In fact for every $1 spent on email marketing the return is $44.25 dotmailer, 2015.

Some quick tips:

For starters, it isn’t just newsletters anymore.  Email marketing is SO much more in 2015 and will continue to grow down the line. It’s exclusive offers, expert advice, and new feature updates. When marketed through email, consumers spend 138% more than people who don’t receive email offers. Capterra, 2014.

Email must be responsive. Nowadays if you aren’t responsive you may as well be invisible. Mobile email will account for 15 to 70% of email opens, depending on your target audience, product and email type. eMailmonday– “the Ultimate mobile email stats” (2015). Despite the fact that more people use their smartphones to read emails than to make phone calls, only 42.3% use responsive design (RD) to ensure that recipients can access email communications across mobile and non-mobile devices, leaving over half (57.7%) without RD and no immediate plans to incorporate it. Lionbridge, 2014

Buying something from emails must be easy. With the emergence of touchID and Click to Buy customers are looking to go from cart to checkout faster than ever. This means that if you are offering something via email, it should take the consumer to a checkout ASAP.

Short and sweet is the name of the game when it comes to email. Smaller emails, which tend to be more targeted, have the highest open and click rates. Informz, 2014. So unless it’s a newsletter, don’t try and be the next Billy Shakespeare. Get to the point. On that note, make it clear why you are emailing the consumer beginning with your from email and subject line. Consumers have a trigger finger when it comes to the spam button and will mark your company as spam if they don’t recognize the email address or subject line.

Email marketing isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. So get in the game.

Also, this list is pretty great.

You May Also Like


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.